Come along for the journey!

Come along for the journey!

Friday 30 October 2009

DEFILING THE HOLY MOUNTAIN: (Sinai, Egypt)

It was intended to be a sacred visit to one of the holiest sites for the major monotheistic world religions - and certainly for me. Instead, with a chronic case of dysentery, and a relentless stream of camels to blame it on, I proceeded to poop my way up the mountain. What I had overlooked, in my zeal to ensure I was not ritually and literally 'unclean' before my fellow pilgrims, was that it was a full moon, thereby making the most private and 'off-the-beaten-track' makeshift loos, an utter spectacle. The tour group following us were not exactly expecting to marvel at an English 'full-moon' in deepest Sinai. Movements of such Biblical proportions, on holy ground, are most likely punishable by death. "Holy camel dung Batman!"
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment