Come along for the journey!

Come along for the journey!

Tuesday 4 May 2010

WOKEN BY A WILD ASS SNOGGING ME IN THE DESERT: (Furnace Creek, Nevada, USA)

No this isn't referring to my wild wife. Burros (Wild Ass) wander the desert in search of water holes, and apparently a 'cheeky go' at the tourists. Lured by our dirty camping cook pots, or my equine-esque buttocks, the first I realised of the close encounter was when the beast was licking my face with only a micro-millimetre of rip-stop nylon between us. It was quite nice at first - then I was a bit scared. This horrifying start to the day was only a foretaste of the horrors to come. These included a 25 mile tour de force through the valley bed going headlong into the highest winds in Nevada on record for sixty years, then a six and a half thousand foot climb out of death valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment